A-A-20085D January 13, 2011
SUPERSEDING A-A-20085C February 13, 2001
COMMERCIAL ITEM DESCRIPTION
MILK, DRY, NONFAT (SPRAY PROCESS); AND MILK, DRY, NONFAT, INSTANT
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has authorized the use of this Commercial Item Description (CID).
1. SCOPE. This CID covers spray process nonfat dry milk and instant nonfat dry milk, packed in commercially acceptable containers, suitable for use by Federal, State, local governments, and other interested parties; and as a component of operational rations.
2. PURCHASER NOTES.
2.1 Purchasers shall specify the following:
- Type(s) and class(es) of nonfat dry milk and instant nonfat dry milk required (Sec. 3).
- When the age requirement at the time of delivery is other than specified (Sec. 5.6).
- When analytical requirements are different than specified (Sec. 6.1).
- When the microbiological requirements need to be verified by USDA (Sec. 6.2).
- Manufacturer's quality assurance (Sec. 9.2).
- Manufacturer's/distributor's certification (Sec. 9.3) or USDA certification (Sec. 9.4).
2.2 Purchasers may specify the following:
- Packaging requirements other than commercial (Sec. 10).
3. CLASSIFICATION. The nonfat dry and instant nonfat dry milk shall conform to the following list which shall be specified in the solicitation, contract, or purchase order.
Types and classes.
Type I - Nonfat dry milk
Type II - Nonfat dry milk, fortified with Vitamins A and D
Type III - Instant nonfat dry milk
AMSC N/A FSC 8910
For Parts Inquires submit RFQ to Parts Hangar, Inc.
© Copyright 2015 Integrated Publishing, Inc.
A Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business